Family Resources Program Manager
April 12th, 2018
Days and time of work vary depending on client availability. Must be flexible about day, evening, and weekend hours. Starting salary range $35,000 to $36,348.
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com .Review of applications begins immediately until position is filled. The following job description includes the major responsibilities and expectations.This list is not all inclusive; the incumbent may be expected to perform job-related duties other than those contained in this list.
The person will be responsible for managing the Family Resource Program of the ACCC and will include coordinating and managing the staff and grants under this program, which include teaching ELL, citizenship and other classes, coordinating the Services for Older Refugees grant and managing volunteers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Attend and successfully complete all required training programs, staff meetings and complete all related assignments in a timely manner
● Act as a representative of the ACCC in public forums in a positive, knowledgeable and professional manner
● Provide accurate and timely reporting of work performed and outcomes in the form of attendance tracking, database management, a monthly report to the supervisor, volunteer file management, and through grant reports.
● Oversee use and maintenance of company van
● Monitor the budget and spending in each of the programs with attention to grant requirements
● Follow the syllabus outlined in the 2017-2018 Humanities Nebraska grant while coordinating, planning, and executing lessons
● Develop relationship with Aging Partners to connect refugee seniors with services
● Help build relationships with diverse populations and organizations in the area and other senior groups
● Organize regular volunteers to teach ELL and citizenship classes
● Encourage youth and community members to volunteer and participate in community activities
● Collaborating with human service agencies and other resources to refer services for the refugees and immigrants
● Recruiting participants for the program, including using community contacts and knowledge to seek out potential participants and find out what community members needs are.
● Develop promotional materials as needed.
● Greet and assist clients whenever needed
● Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
● Will be present and involved in weekly staff meetings
● May provide additional transportation in company van
● TESOL certification or significant experience teaching ELL in one-to-one and group settings mandatory
● Must be able to work independently and demonstrate team building, problem solving, time management, stress management and decision making skills
● Must possess great communication skills including effective verbal, writing and listening skills and the ability to make effective presentations
● Excellent organizational and leadership skills including the ability to maintain effective working and community relationships
● Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
● Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and e-mail.
● Bilingual ability a plus
● Able to and committed to maintaining confidentiality.
● Attention to detail in maintaining records
● Sensitive to the needs of older clients.
● Must have valid drivers license and good driving record