Youth Program Coordinator
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Apply Now
Availability: ASAP. Position will remain opened until a suitable candidate is found.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and will continue until the position is filled.
Monday-Friday; Requires some evening/weekend work; full time position.
Starting rate of $15-$17.50/hour, based on experience.
The Youth Program Coordinator will assist in coordinating the Asian’s Center overall youth programs along with another co-coordinator, including running weekly programs, providing one-to-one case management to a caseload of approximately 30 youth, assisting in monitoring grant compliance and managing Youth Program grants, as well as providing oversight to volunteers.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Coordinate multiple weekly after-school, school-day, or weekend youth programs at select high schools, middle schools, or at the Asian Center
● Mentor a caseload of 30 youth through one-to-one case management
● Document all contacts with youth in spreadsheets and databases for use in reports; assist Youth Program Manager in completing reports and managing grants
● Attend and successfully complete all required training programs; be present and involved in weekly staff meetings; schedule regular check-ins with supervisor
● Develop relationships with LPS community liaisons, ELL teachers, guidance counselors, parents, and others that can help form a community of support and success
● Recruit participants for programs, including using community contacts and knowledge to seek out potential participants and find out what community members needs are
● Act as a representative of the ACCC in public forums in a positive, knowledgeable, and professional manner
● Provide oversight to volunteers involved with youth programs
● May provide additional transportation in company vans, must complete van training
● Experience working with high school and/or middle school students preferred
● Experience planning events or programs, teaching, or other related skills preferred
● Must be able to work independently and demonstrate team-building, problem solving, time management, and decision making skills
● Communicate in a friendly and informative manner with people from a wide variety of cultural and ethnic backgrounds
● Must have good computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, etc.